My Ticker

Friday, December 14, 2007

Spermed up!

I feel really good about this time. The timing was spot on according to the blood tests. FF says it is not so good timing, but I think I will trust a blood test (they are totally accurate). We did the IUI yesterday about 10:30am. The nurse who did it says she was on a roll of getting people pregnant, I am more that willing to keep her streak alive! There were 65 million sperm and I can’t remember the other numbers. They said it was excellent motility for frozen, and everything looked really good. This donor thaws really well. We also did an at home ICI late last night, just to hedge our bets. I am all spermed up.

It is a good kind of weird to purposely pay to put that sperm in my body. I am picturing it doing the tango with my egg. They should be dividing right now and looking for a place to call home. The sperm is young and strong, the perfect stuff to make a baby with.

My acupuncturist said she gets a boy vibe from me. When I see a positive pregnancy test, I can dream of a baby boy. There were a lot of signs that this month is the right month to get pregnant. We inseminated on the 13th, which is My Love’s lucky number and the date she was born on. (Not born in December, but another month.) We would be on CD 28 on Dec 27th, I was born on the 27th of another month. BY the 28th cycle day, a home test should pick it up our positive. We will be out of town, so I can’t do a blood test until Dec 30th. We already have a name for a boy and a girl. I LOVE the boys name. It is all good. When I get pregnant this cycle, my due date will be 09/02/08. That is a great time to have our baby.

I started taking the prometrium twice a day today. I take it orally. I am officially in the two week wait. I am glad to be here. The trigger shot has made my boobs SORE today. It feels like someone slammed my nipples in a book. That is a kicky little side effect.

Good luck to all those trying, one of these days I will actually put links up to the blogs I read.

5 comments:

MaverickMama said...

Woohoo! I really have a good feeling about this month.
-65 million and you only need one...
-boy babies are awesome...and I know about this topic.
-Don't tell anyone your fav boy/girl name unless you want unsolicited opinions....trust me that no one can mask how they feel about this topic.
-Our conversation last night was wierd....or maybe I'm just really bad on the phone. Anyway I'm really happy for you and hope that you will ring in the new year with vomit and bloating. heh heh heh! :P

R said...

WOO HOOO!! Sending lots and lots of baby vibes and baby dust to you ladies!! Can't wait to hear your BFP this month!!
Which Dr. office do ya use? jsut curious since ya live so close to us!!!

MD Baby Maker said...

We use Columbia Fertility in Bethesda. They are open m-f. If I need weekend stuff, I can go into DC. My doctor is at both offices on alternate days, but I mostly don't see the doctor for monitoring as such.

tbean said...

Fingers crossed! I'm going to CF on Monday for my first consult.

R said...

We use them too!!! Who do you go to????