My Ticker

Friday, August 10, 2007

4.2 is too low....

So now I am a bit concerned. I just got a call from the RE, and my progesterone level is 4.2. They like to see it in the teens (10-20). Now I really wonder if I did get pregnant last cycle and my body could not support it. After this cycle, if we have to inseminate again, I am going to ask the doctor if we should check other hormone levels. For now, I will be picking up a prescription of prometrium after work. I hope it is enough to help things attached and stay attached. I still hope to be pregnant this cycle. It is early enough.

I have a pregnancy test scheduled with the doctor for the 20th.

Does progesterone affect the OTC pregnancy tests? I thought they measured something else, so I don’t think it should… Will I not get my period because of the progesterone? Looks like I’ll be e-mailing my doctor with some questions. I know that progesterone has to drop for you to get your period. I assume if I do get pregnant that they would keep me on progesterone. So, I guess I am going to have to wait… Ten days until that test….

I guess I kinda hoped that my progesteron level would be so high that they would run a pregnancy test on my blood and it would come up positive. There is time for that, in 10 days.

No comments: