My Ticker

Monday, July 9, 2007

Waiting to get knocked up...

I don’t know if I should give background on myself. I am trying to remain anonymous for now… I am a 32 year old Maryland resident who has been with My Love for 4 and a half years. We had a wedding 2 years ago that the state does not recognize, but it was our wedding. We have been working on researching this baby process for over a year. I started charting in January, and started doing OPK’s a few months ago.

We are both planners and we are staring this journey very hopeful. I am waiting for the nurse to call me back to set up my official insemination tomorrow. We are doing IUI. I am picking up the sperm today. We are also going to try to do an ICI at home later, just for a couple of cycles. A lot of people ask me how we decided on who was to have the baby, it was easy for us as My Love can not have children. A few weeks ago she had a hysterectomy, and believe me, the irony of the timing is not lost on us at all.

I want to be pregnant!!!

1 comment:

D. Tablada said...

Hello and good luck on your child baring. I wanted to mention taht in the state of Maryland as of 2001 is a state that says it's illegal for someone to discriminate against someone for their sexual orientation when they are trying to buy a home. It's part of the fair housing adendum in 2001.

I'm not to sure on the law, but you might want to see if Maryland recognizes out of state gay and lesbian marriages. I know maryland no longer does common law marriage, but it still recognizes it from out of state.